Scott Thomas Moorey Esq.
888-821-9168 (Toll Free)
I am Scott T. Moorey, a second-generation Fort Myers attorney. For as long as I can remember I wanted to practice criminal defense.
In 1997, I interned at the State Attorney's Office and quickly learned the crippling advantages a prosecutor has over a defendant. I knew immediately as a defense attorney I had to give 100% to my clients.
In 1998, I began my career as a criminal defense attorney. My practice is dedicated to aggressively and knowledgeably defending the accused. It is important to trust that your lawyer is being honest with you about your case and has a reputation you can count on. I encourage you to call for a free assessment of your case. It will be informative, helpful, and honest whether or not you retain my services.
I am straight talking, no B/S. I will tell you how it is with no sugar coating. Hire me because you know I will do my very best for you. Don't hire a lawyer just because you are being told what you want to hear.
Scott's father was in the Army stationed in Fort Lee Virginia and that is where Scott was born. In 1972, at six months old, Scott's parents came to Fort Myers. Tom Moorey, Scott's father began practicing criminal defense in Fort Myers at that time. At an early age, Scott aspired to become a criminal defense attorney…
Scott grew up in Fort Myers, and enjoys hunting, fishing and defending the accused. He is passionate about everything he does and will spend the time it takes to make it right.
Scott attended Heights Elementary, Fort Myers Middle and graduated from Fort Myers Senior High in 1989. After earning his Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from the University of Central Florida in Orlando 1994, Scott graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami 1997.
In 1997, Scott interned at our local State Attorney's Office. He prosecuted cases and decided quickly that he was on the wrong side. His life lessons taught him people are truly good, but sometimes make mistakes. Hence the phrase: "GOOD PEOPLE DO GET ARRESTED".
In 1998, Scott began his career as a criminal defense attorney with a large law firm, and soon thereafter made partner.
Five years later Scott chose to go out on his own to focus solely on criminal defense. By opening his own firm, Scott has been able to run his practice his way, and take the time to give each client individual attention. You will not get lost in the shuffle at the Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey
Scott has dedicated his practice to aggressively as well as knowledgeably defending the accused. It is important to trust that your lawyer is being honest with you about your case and has a reputation you can count on. You are encouraged to call for a free assessment of your case. It will be informative, helpful, and honest whether or not you retain our services.
Scott is a true professional, he will spend the time to answer any and all of your questions, so you are prepared to make an informed decision. Scott believes it is important for the clients to hear all possible outcomes with regard to their case, which may be hard to swallow at times, but he does this to ensure you as the client are aware of all possibilities so you are not caught off guard.
Scott has handled all types of criminal cases ranging from the simplest traffic violations to the most severe crimes such as murder. Scott firmly believes that just because you are arrested it does not make you a criminal. "Good People Do Get Arrested" which resonates with many clients because it is true!
Regardless of your criminal charges, an aggressive and experienced criminal defense law firm can make all the difference. Being arrested or even accused of a crime is not only embarrassing but creates a fear of the unknown. The Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey will address these concerns immediately in a free consultation and Scott will personally explain to you step-by-step the workings of a criminal case. Scott will discuss the evidence, negotiations, trial, and fees. You need to be comfortable the law firm you retain is not only experienced in handling criminal cases, but also understanding of your personal situation.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 1998 - Present
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 1998 - Present
- Lee County Bar Association, Member, 1998 - Present
- Caloosa Inns of Court
AV Preeminent which is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards, which reflects the confidential opinion if members of the Bar and Judiciary
Voted a Top Southwest Florida Lawyer through Peer Recognition as published in Gulfshore Life Magazine
Scott's Practice Areas
Criminal Defense Practice Areas in State & Federal Courts
- All Felonies
- Any and all felonies in State and Federal courts
- All Misdemeanors
- Any and all misdemeanors in State and Federal courts
- Driving Under the Influence and habitual offender DUI
- Boating Under the Influence, our area is surrounded by water and avid boaters flock to here to enjoy our beautiful waters
- If you blew or chose not to our firm can assist you
- Reckless Driving
- Drivers License Suspensions
- 5 years suspensions, lifetime suspensions, among any other suspensions
- Criminal Traffic
- Numerous speeding tickets, Driving while License Suspended (DWLS), and other criminal traffic violations
- Domestic Violence
- Restraining Orders
- Resisting Arrest with or without violence, Disorderly Conduct
- Violent Crimes
- Gun Charges
- Shoplifting, breaking and entering
- Property Claims
- Theft and property destruction crimes
- Bank fraud, mortgage fraud, credit card fraud and insurance fraud
- White Collar Crimes
- Tax Evasion, RICO Act
- Drug Charges
- Drug trafficking and possession
- Drug Court
- Sex Crimes
- Internet crimes
- Child pornography
- Sexual Assault
- Probation Violation
- Underage possession of alcohol or drugs
- Criminal mischief
- Sexual assault
- Bond Reductions
- False Arrests, Sealing Records and Expungement of Criminal Records
Areas of Practice
- 100% Criminal Defense
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1998
- St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. - 1997
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- B.A. - 1994
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Voted a Top Southwest Florida Lawyer Through Peer Recognition as Published in Gulfshore Life Magazine