Dedicated Defense Against Prescription Drug Charges
When people accused of a drug crime call or visit the Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey, they are scared. Most have never been accused of a crime before. They may be dealing with addiction issues. They may be suffering from chronic pain, but their doctor will no longer prescribe medication. They may be minors caught up with a group of friends who are involved in marijuana or other drugs. They may be medical professionals who have written illegal prescriptions to help a friend.
These people do not need punishment, they need help. They do not need jail, they need a second chance. Our Fort Myers drug crimes defense lawyer has the knowledge and experience to help them fight for their lives.
Your case. Your life. Your lawyer. Contact our Florida criminal defense attorney online, or call 239-603-6312 for a free consultation. We are passionate about putting our skills to use defending those most in need of qualified legal representation.
We Will Investigate All Aspects of the Arrest
Whether you have been arrested for a prescription drug crime, or you are facing charges for cocaine or another type of drug possession, our lawyer at the Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey will comb over all aspects of the arrest record and ask questions such as:
- Were appropriate police procedures followed?
- What were the extenuating circumstances that the police are not including in their report?
- If there are issues of drug weight that are bumping your charge up to drug trafficking and manufacturing, how can we seek to minimize the weight issue?
- Is this a "victimless" crime and, if so, how can we use this information to leverage a better outcome for you?
- Is the real issue a matter of obtaining proper substance abuse treatment or counseling?
- Was the search and seizure based on probable cause?
- Were you coerced into confessing guilt?
- Did you simply not know that having one pill without the pill bottle is a crime?
We Leave No Stone Unturned in Your Defense
You can rest assured that our Fort Myers drug possession defense lawyer will leave no stone unturned in the effort to obtain a case dismissal. Our goal is to pursue justice and aggressively defend you against serious charges in the face of the criminal justice system.
If this is your first offense, depending on the unique circumstances and the severity of the charge, we may be able to obtain entrance into a diversionary program, probation resolution or case dismissal.
Call for a Free Consultation With a Florida Trafficking and Possession Defense Lawyer
If you have been charged with doctor shopping, drug trafficking, drug possession or any other type of drug charge, we can help. Contact our Fort Myers drug crimes defense attorney online, or call 239-603-6312 for a free initial consultation. We can help you understand your rights and your options.