If you have been charged with a 2nd DUI, you could be facing the following penalties:
- Jail – 9 Months Maximum (BAL from .08 to less than .15)
- Jail – 12 Months Maximum (BAL above .15) or Minor in Vehicle
- Jail – Mandatory 10 Days (If within 5 years of Previous DUI)
- Fine – From $1,000 to $2,000 (BAL From .08 to less than .15)
- Fine – From $2,000 to $4,000 (BAL Above .15) or Minor in Vehicle
- License – Suspended for 5 Years (If within 5 years of previous)
- License Suspension – Eligible for Hardship Reinstatement after 1 Year
- Hardship Reinstatement – Complete DUI School
- Ignition Interlock Device – Required for 1 Year (BAL from .08 to less than .15)
- Ignition Interlock Device – Required for 2 Years (BAL above .15)
- Vehicle Impound – 30 Days (If within 5 years of previous)
If you have been charged with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd DUI or more, you should contact a lawyer immediately! These are serious penalites that will be life changing.
One of the hardest things about a drunk driving or a driving under the influence (DUI) charge is not knowing what is going to happen and having no idea how to fight a charge. Most people have no understanding of how the legal process works. However, the prosecution does.
At the Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey, our Fort Myers DUI defense attorney understands how the legal process works too. We will use our skill and knowledge to help you build the strongest possible defense against drunk driving charges.