Fort Myers Police arrested two people Thursday after getting a call about a man holding a gun. During that bust, officers also seized drugs, weapons and cash.
Thursday, just before 4 a.m., officers responded to the Brittany Apartments at 4024 Winkler Avenue Extension after getting that call about a man walking around with a gun.
When they arrived, police say they saw a man walking around the outside of the building and holding a gun in a threatening manner.
Officers then found the man in apartment 204 and conducted a protective sweep to make sure any other people inside were safe.
During that sweep, officers saw Possession of Marijuana and guns in plain view.
Once it was determined that everyone inside was safe, officers called with Special Investigations Group because they had spotted drugs inside the home.
Detectives got a search warrant for the home and looked around the apartment as part of their investigation.
Detectives arrested the following subjects in connection with this investigation:
- Joshua Arocho, 22: Reckless Display of a Firearm, Possession of MDMA with the Intent to Sell, Possession of Methamphetamine with the Intent to Sell and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- Luis Yanes, 25: Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Marijuana with the Intent to Sell and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- 246 grams of marijuana
- 11 grams of MDMA
- Packaging materials
- Empty capsules used to distribute MDMA
- 1 gram of crystal methamphetamine
- Ruger 380 caliber semi-automatic handgun
- Springfield Arms 45 caliber semi-automatic handgun.
The street value of the drugs seized was approximately $5,500.00.