Drug Possession/Unlawful Drug Prescription
You Have The Right To Tell Your Side Of The Story
When people accused of a drug crime call or visit the Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey, in Fort Myers, Florida, they are scared.
Most have never been accused of a crime before or they may be dealing with addiction issues. Some are suffering from chronic pain, but their doctor will no longer prescribe medication. Others are minors caught up with a group of friends who are involved in marijuana or other drugs.
These people do not need punishment, they need help. They do not need jail, they need a second chance. At the Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey, in Fort Myers, Florida, our team of defense lawyers has the knowledge and experience to help everyday people fight for their lives and best interests when facing criminal drug charges.
Two Heads Are Better Than One. When you retain our services, you put the skill and experience of two attorneys in your corner. Call 239-603-6312 or email us today to learn more about the edge we can give you in the courtroom.
We Will Investigate All Aspects Of The Arrest
Whether you have been arrested for a prescription drug crime, or you are facing charges for cocaine or another type of drug possession, our lawyers will comb over all aspects of your arrest record and ask questions such as:
- Were appropriate police procedures followed?
- What were the extenuating circumstances that the police are not including in their report?
- If there are issues of drug weight that are bumping your charge up to drug trafficking and manufacturing, how can we seek to minimize the weight issue?
- Is this a “victimless” crime and, if so, how can we use this information to leverage a better outcome for you?
- Is the real issue a matter of obtaining proper substance abuse treatment or counseling?
- Was the search and seizure based on probable cause?
- Were you coerced into confessing guilt?
- Did you simply not know that having one pill without the pill bottle is a crime?
We Help Adults And Juveniles. Possession of Xanax, Adderall, Hydrocodone, Oxycontin and other prescription drugs can devastate a juvenile’s future. We help juveniles fight drug charges and keep their record clean.
We Leave No Stone Unturned In Your Defense
You can rest assured that our criminal defense lawyers will leave no stone unturned in the effort to obtain a case dismissal. Our goal is to pursue justice and aggressively defend you against serious charges in the face of the criminal justice system.
If this is your first offense, depending on the unique circumstances and the severity of the charge, we may be able to obtain entrance into a diversionary program or obtain case dismissal.
Get Legal Advice From Attorneys You Can Trust
If you have been charged with doctor shopping, drug trafficking, drug possession or any other type of drug charge, we can help. Contact our firm for a free initial consultation and see what makes the Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey a trusted source for legal advice in the Fort Myers area. Call 239-603-6312 or send us an email to get started. We can help you understand your rights and your options.