Good People Do Get Arrested.
"My belief in the Constitution has fueled my fight for all my clients. I continue this fight through legal research, motions, mitigation, and trials by fighting passionately to keep those rights alive."
During my time at the University of Kansas School at Law, I interned as a Judicial Clerk and a research assistant for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which works in the courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to all people in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States (aclu.org). Also, worked with the Paul E. Wilson Project for Innocence and Post-Conviction Remedies, where we fought to overturn wrongful convictions.
While at the Public Defender's Office, I handled hundreds of cases from misdemeanor petit thefts, batteries, and DUIs to felony burglaries, drug cases, grand thefts, and sex offenses. During those years as a public defender, I gained experience in dealing with mental health and substance abuse cases from competency to specialty courts.
When you become a client, you benefit both from my past years of fighting for the most vulnerable defendants at the Lee County Public Defender's Office and from the backing of the well-established, well-recognized Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey.
Your representation has the added advantage of my lifelong pursuit of criminal justice and a passion for your constitutional rights, fiercely protecting them with focus and professionalism. In addition, you gain my perspective as both a writer of laws as a past legislative aid and as a defender of your liberties and the laws as your attorney.
Area of Practice:
- Criminal Defense 100%
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2021
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
- J.D. - 2015
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- B.A. - 2009
- Major: Journalism
Honors and Awards:
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers National Trial Lawyers 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2021 to Present
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2021 to Present
- Lee County Bar Association, Member, 2021 to Present